It is observed that every organization, big or small, often grapple with the question – how to streamline their resources for optimal productivity. Even entrepreneurs of excellent calibre also find it difficult to answer this. The situation is further aggravated by the exponential increase in hiring cost. This is where offshore hiring comes to the rescue. With talented resources available at a cost range that is less than half of the spending on full time resources, offshore hiring is the go-to solution for organizations struggling with the above question.
Despite the advantages of offshore hiring, the process of getting an offshore employee onboard is arduous. And the reason is simple – there are umpteen choices and selecting the right resource is tedious. With the rising demand of outsourcing and virtual assistants, hiring partners such as Virtual Team India provide tailor made solutions to mitigate the woes pertaining to offshore hiring.
In the light of the above arguments, let’s explore why offshore hiring might be the right choice for your company. Here are some pointers:
- Scaling up your business made easy: Offshore hiring can relieve you from the pressure of overwhelming your in-house employees with too much work should there be many projects under your belt. Not only this makes way for better workplace but also ensures that the projects that you land are delivered on time without compromising on quality. This goes a long way in scaling your business up and bettering your reputation in the marketplace.
- Upgrade your business with specialized skillsets: It is quite possible for SMEs and budding start-ups to not have resources skilled in a particular trait. For example, a machine learning powered start-up is unlikely to have content writers and graphic designers onboard. In this scenario, having a virtual staff can prove fructuous as not only such resources will add value to the organization but also will save immense cost.
- Save cost: This is the major advantage that makes the case even stronger for remote employees and offshore hiring. However, it must not be viewed as a reflection of poor quality. The diminished costs are the result of absence of onboarding, logistics, administration, benefits, and other expenses. By hiring a virtual employee, you can put your operational worries at rest while saving cost, resulting in win win for all.
- Control your projects effectively: By hiring a offshore staff, an organization can have a greater control of what the resource can access. While keeping all the quality measures in place, businesses can allocate some aspect of your projects to remote employees. This offers flexibility and control, which are quintessential elements of operations.
- Ramp up your productivity: Many new studies reveal that in-house employees get distracted by a plethora of things surrounding them in the office space. However, this is not the case with virtual employees. Devoid of office distractions, such resources have proven to be more productive time and again. This is a huge bonus for organizations that are trying to climb the ladder of organizational success.
The above pointers start a new discussion revolving around virtual employees and offshore staffing. It must be noted that outsourcing is hunky dory all the time. Organizations that have delved into this have pinpointed the challenges pertaining to offshore staffing. Let’s explore some:
- Cultural difference is always an issue: Before even setting out to hire a remote staff, it is imperative for organizations to understand that such resources are going to come from different background and culture, which might seem alien to them. However, with proper communication and attempting to address the cultural gap can go a long way in mitigating this issue.
- The time–zone factor: Different time zone is the reality of offshore hiring and dealing with it is even more challenging. While for some organizations, it comes off as a blessing in disguise, many others grapple with this issue. Therefore, it is essential for organizations take control of the time-zone factor and turn it to their advantage.
- Communication is the key: While communicating with your virtual staff is of utmost importance, however, maintaining a proper communication channel is easier said than done. It is extremely important for organizations to communicate effectively with the hired resource effectively and always maintain regular interactions for better results.
While these challenges seem to serve as a negator for offshore hiring, however, with proper strategy, these factors can be controlled. Organizations should be prepared to take on challenges pertaining to remote staffing head on and turn it to their advantage. And with the benefits outlined before, it is evident that hiring offshore might be the right choice for your organization.