In simpler terms, a virtual team can be defined as a group of people who work concurrently to achieve a defined business objective working in a virtual environment. The team is given a set of tasks and then the tasks are delegated to virtual employees to work on. Usually, the employees report directly to the manager. The individual in the team either are skilled in a specific domain or have multiple skills. According to the skill set, work is assigned to the employees. No matter how each employee is different from each other, they all work in harmony to resolve any issues that come along.
Today, the young generation is focused on either to work with a start-up or work as a freelancer to work according to their comfort. There are plenty of organizations that hire a freelancer to delegate the work or even virtual team to work in accordance to accomplish certain business goals. Here are some benefits you can consider while thinking of having a virtual team:
● World Wide Talent Access: Since there are no limitations to country boundaries for making a remote team, candidates from all over the world can consider applying for this. Having a big pool of global talent will give you the advantage to hire the best amongst them.
● Lower Office Space Cost: The office space cost does not only mean rent of the space but also includes electricity bills, furniture, machinery, etc. and if you are a budding start-up if saves a lot of costs to hire offshore staff since everyone works from their own comfort and on the other hand, the saved up cost can be utilized to grow the business itself.
● Improve Productivity: Since the whole team works at their comfort zone and working from home saves the hassle of commuting to the office which ultimately improves an individual ‘s productivity and makes them more efficient at work. This also helps in maintaining a balance between work life and personal life so the employee doesn’t get frustrated by only working.
● High Retention Rate: Since the team works from home they are always satisfied with their work-life balance and have fewer chances of leaving this kind of work opportunities. Since they are not stressed it makes them more enthusiastic to learn more and improve their skills.
● Avoid Waste of Time: Work from home not only saves time in commuting to the office but also avoid the unnecessary meetings, long coffee breaks, gossiping, etc. and saves a lot of time to focus on work.
● 24*7 Support: While working with team members across the globe there is 24*7 support on a particular project. If one team in Mumbai is working on a project, at the end of the day it can pass on the work to the other team working offshore.
Flexibility is the best benefit that works from home opportunity provides. This opportunity to hire a virtual team is not only for a start-up but also for the big organizations who have extra work and want to outsource it to a freelancer or some other agency.